Spectrum Dimensions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD]

3 posters

Go down

--- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD] Empty --- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD]

Post by Nefadozone Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Expect a forced update in about an hour. (you will have to download it or you won't be able to connect)

Fixes: bracelets, eyeshards, improperly displayed version, titlescreen issue, some other little bugs.

BIG FAT NOTE

1. Ruby doesn't have amazing internet, sometimes the servers may go offline or freak out. Have patience, this is for free and for fun you know. Wish her a happy birthday too.

2. If you are having so much lag with OPENGL MODE, which it goes to by default, then change the rendering subsystem to DIRECT3D9 MODE when it starts up, and you will have little to no problems.

OPENGL MODE = quality

DIRECT3D9 MODE = speed

I forgot to put it on D39 mode by default because it was almost 3 AM and I didn't think it'd be complained about so much. The grass technique is single sprite not quad sprite, you really shouldn't be having much lag with low poly models and low poly grass. If you lag in windowed mode + D3D, also try putting it on fullscreen and close things that take up CPU resources like Skype and Chrome/Firefox.

This is not an AAA game, it does not have high poly AAA models, if you press L you'll be able to see how many polys your camera is looking at, at any given time. The playermodels are lower poly than the OIT models, the items are barely above 500 at most, the only thing that may lag you are very large particles and loading in new players into the memory.

I have an awful cheap walmart laptop, it can't play any modern games, it can't play other servers, so I had to make Spectrum craptop friendly. Consider your specs if you're lagging. Salute If D39 didn't help you then you will be remembered soldier.

3. LMOA

Last edited by Nefadozone on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nefadozone
Nefadozone
Always Angry At Something

Profile Skin : Waterdroplets

Character Bio
Name: Chain-rae Xan
Element: Anti-Matter
Experience:
--- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD] Left_bar_bleue0/0--- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

--- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD] Empty Re: --- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD]

Post by TortDoll Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Thank ya Nef! And might I add that...

I am not lagging one bit, even on OPENGL. For those of you complaining - you need a new computer, delete some stuff, run your anti-virus, or ya prolly got a virus my friends.
TortDoll
TortDoll

Character Bio
Name: DollFace
Element: -
Experience:
--- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD] Left_bar_bleue0/0--- Oct. 13th's Patch--- [OLD] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Death Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Well, we are waiting))
Don't forget to protect yourself, your health and your nerves. They are still useful < 3
Saint Death
Saint Death

Character Bio
Name: Death
Element: Manipulation
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down