Spectrum Dimensions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to open the game setup after updating

3 posters

Go down

Unable to open the game setup after updating  Empty Unable to open the game setup after updating

Post by Zitkin Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Hello,
I was going to check out the new patch, and then I waited for the game to update while I was doing other things. After it successfully updated, a error pops up, and the error looks like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, I do have DirectX & Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 installed on this computer.
Yes, I've tried running the game as a administrator.

The same thing happens everytime.

Any help/explanations on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!~
Zitkin
Zitkin

Back to top Go down

Unable to open the game setup after updating  Empty Re: Unable to open the game setup after updating

Post by Nefadozone Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Delete the old spectrum, you don't need that anymore. This is not a patch or an update, it's a new version.

The launcher downloads the most recent build for you, run the launcher every time you want to play. Cat
Nefadozone
Nefadozone
Always Angry At Something

Profile Skin : Waterdroplets

Character Bio
Name: Chain-rae Xan
Element: Anti-Matter
Experience:
Unable to open the game setup after updating  Left_bar_bleue0/0Unable to open the game setup after updating  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Unable to open the game setup after updating  Empty Re: Unable to open the game setup after updating

Post by Zitkin Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Nefadozone wrote:Delete the old spectrum, you don't need that anymore. This is not a patch or an update, it's a new version.

The launcher downloads the most recent build for you, run the launcher every time you want to play. Cat
I literally just dumped the old Spectrum, and the error still keeps on popping up, so I have no idea what's happening?
Zitkin
Zitkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefadozone Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Has the entire file downloaded? I've seen other users online, so I assume the launcher/server isn't bugged.

Maybe try redownloading, with a fresh folder with the Launcher and the settings.ini inside only. Could be your internet. To me it seems that the file may be incomplete.
Nefadozone
Nefadozone

Character Bio
Experience:
Unable to open the game setup after updating  Left_bar_bleue0/0Unable to open the game setup after updating  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitkin Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but at first when I downloaded it, my Chrome has implied that "the launcher is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous" for... whatever reason?

Anyways, I'll try that right now, and I'll edit my post once I've downloaded the game again.
Zitkin
Zitkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefadozone Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Ah yes, microsoft not being chill with indie games. Viking

It gave me a 'windows smartscreen' warning when I myself tried to launch it, which I could skip by hitting more info.

The way it connects to a server and transfers the game data via ftp will probably make any firewall/antivirus scream, but I can give you my official seal of 'that's bullshit, windows' seeing as it only gives you a clone of the game's release folder off of the server itself. Chrome is pretty testy if an unrecognized application that can connect to the internet is downloaded.

Hell, there are people out there that still think FH is a virus.

Good luck on redownloading, trooper. It takes a hell of a while.
Nefadozone
Nefadozone

Character Bio
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitkin Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Nope,
still the same thing, same error, nothing changed. I honestly don't know what to do at this point.
Zitkin
Zitkin

Back to top Go down

Post by W l T C H ♆ K l N G Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:33 am

Ah my friend Kokai and I are having the same issue. However she posted the issue in the Game Downloads section lol. But I'm a little relieved to see we're not alone in this struggle lol! Hopefully things can be figured out, we're in quite the pickle!
W l T C H ♆ K l N G
W l T C H ♆ K l N G

Profile Skin : Flowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefadozone Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:03 pm

be patient, an installer will be posted tonight. my internet is only 50 kb/s right now so i can't upload a nearly 600 mb file.
Nefadozone
Nefadozone

Character Bio
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down